Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Signs of things to come...




Today was pretty crazy (I know you are thinking and what day's of the Gibbs aren't crazy right!??)! Well, with the threat of an ice storm and Plano schools being let out early I wasn't sure if I was going to have to leave early to get the girls from their school - I didn't. Whew - I did leave around 4:45 though just to get a jump start on the drive home. Which by the way was fine. Now however I hear the freezing rain hit the windows and sky light on our house. I'm sure tomorrow will at the least be a late start. My Dad called tonight just to be sure everyone made it home safe with the threat of ice....so sweet! He wanted to talk to the girls who were in full "play" mode which is a tough thing to crack to have a conversation...but he did it. They were playing under Samantha's bed. Who knows what they exactly play under there but, they love it! It's like a huge fort! Samantha did most of the talking and proceeded to tell both Grandpa & Grandma a story about "Barbie and the Diamond Castle". She quickly told them that she doesn't have the castle, only the horse and carriage. The story went on and on and grandma & grandpa loved it! Trying to catch each word that was being said (often not exactly right into the phone ofcourse). They were all having a great time so I thought I'd share a picture of what they looked like laughing and chatting on the phone under the bed. I'm sure there will be many more nights ahead of long conversations - not always under the bed I'm sure. Enjoy!

1 comment:

kelly Martin said...

They are soooo cute Jodi!!!!