Friday, January 16, 2009

Proud parent day!!




Those of you who know me (or just read my blog) know that I LOVE my girls and spending time with them is one of my most favorite things to do in life! Every Tuesday Sydney gets her homework and we try to get it done right away so she has the rest of the evening to do what she would like to do - play with Samantha. Well, this week there was a note from her teacher in her homework folder....a list of words for a spelling test that would happen on Friday! At first I thought "What??? a spelling test - she's only 4 1/2"!! So, the practing began that night! We would quiz in the car, the bath, before bed or just hanging out! I told her if she got all her spelling words right we could all go out for dinner on Friday night and she could pick! Now, some of you are thinking she would pick McDonald's or maybe Chickfil'a.....nope! She picked Pei Wei! Yeah - that is her favorite place to go and will pick that place every time! So, I made sure I got to the school before Sydney's teacher left to get her report on the test....you guessed it, she got them all right! She was so excited to tell me and I was so happy that she saw at a young age that if you practice you can do it! I thought I'd show you all her test!


Samantha is doing great in school as well! She's recently learned the months of the year - she gets up to October and wants to start back at April again! Here is a picture that she colored this week at school - she was told to only color the things that are blue. I asked her why she didn't color the duck and her reply was; "mommy, ducks are yellow"!! So cute! It was a very proud parent moment today with each of the girls! Glad to see the money we spend on this school isn't just for the to play all the time! :)

No comments: