Saturday, August 23, 2008

It's a crazy day

Today started out like any of our other saturday mornings...girls wake us up before 7:00, I try to get them to go play quiet which usually lasts for about 15 more min. I then get up and get things together to start our breakfast - yes, roll up pancakes and bacon. This morning however Aunt Jill was running late so didn't get to eat with us - she did make it - just had to heat it up in the microwave. I'm sure my family who's had these pancakes are surprised there was even any left coming late to a roll up pancake b-fast! :)
Neal's truck decided to die yesterday but, he didn't know it wasn't working ofcourse till he went to leave that evening. He was in training most of the day and was leaving late - most everyone had already left since it was Friday. Luckily his friend Norm wanted to to go a movie and went to pick him up. We've been looking at new vehicles for a long time and this was just the real kick in the pants to get things moving abit faster I guess. So, today has spent all day at the car dealership negotiating prices etc. We'd wanted to get something through my uncle but, things just didn't work out - sorry Uncle Randy! We'll have to see what he comes home with...we've been talking about getting something with a 3rd row seat to have more room when family comes to town. Too bad gas won't be dropping much further I'm sure....
So, while Neal was off car shopping I took the girls to run some erronds.....Sydney was doing great but little Samantha was another story...she wouldn't stop crying in Target that I had to just leave. I can't handle screaming kids in stores. So, off we went to the car ofcourse not being able to finish getting what I really needed. ugh! They are taking a nap now - hoping that my sweet little girls are the one's that wake up! :)
Off to two birthday parties this afternoon - it will be a busy evening.

No comments: