Monday, August 11, 2008

GRHS Class of 1988 20 yr. class reunion








Where do I begin...as my girlfriends in TX would now say..."Hit me with your best shot!"
Neal and I headed up north to Grand Rapids, MN very early on Thursday morning of last week for my 20 year (yes, I said 20 years) class reunion. We stayed with my best friend since the 6th grade (Mrs. Quitney's class) and her husband Paul. They have built an incredible home and really made Neal and I feel right at home. We now call their home "The Frick Resort" and we'll be back there as soon as we can I'm sure. The weather was beautiful with a high of 74 or 75 and the low was somewhere in the low 50's. Much different than our more than 100 degree temps here in Dallas! I will admit - I was cold the majority of my time visiting! While I enjoyed just standing outside in the sun Sherry and Paul said at one point they had to go inside....it was just too hot! It was a scorcher as Neal put it more than once - with a temp of 74! hahaha It's all in what you get used to!
Thursday evening was met with a typical GR bon fire! What a great time to relax and see some friends that still live in GR. It was perfect for Neal to get to know a few people before the events began! Ofcourse the festivities went way into the morning hours with Neal and I ducking out around 1:30 am....I think the last of the crew left around 4:00am! whew....Friday was filled with chillin out with the Frick's, running to town abit and then off to the golf course to start the weekend off. What a great time of seeing friends that you've lost touch with and have a chance to catch up! Another late night which led to us being able to sleep in actually! yeah! Saturday was very busy - lunch at 11:00 at the Ground Round to meet up with some of my family friends and neighbors which was great! Then off to Katie's little girl Ann's 2nd b-day party....back to the Frick Resort just in time to shower and get ready for our dinner & dance! What can I say other than what a terrific time was had by all! The dinner was great, conversation was so funny, pictures were a blast and what more can I say about the dancing!!!!!! The 80's rock! There was a time that many of us felt like we were back in our high school gym just having a great time I'm sure! The class picture was followed by a loud yell of "Go INDIANS"!!!! The night came to a tearful end of having to say good bye much to soon! We weren't ready for it to end as there just wasn't enough time to talk to everyone...so, same time same place next year my friends?????
Love and miss you all! Thanks for making Neal feel so welcome so quick!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like it was an AWESOME time!!!
Can't wait to talk more about it!