Thursday, September 25, 2008

Things just aren't the same tonight...

Things just aren't the same tonight at our house....Neal's grandpa passed away yesterday so, he left this afternoon to go to Amarillo for the service...taking Sydney with him. It was his idea and I love the fact that he wanted to spend some extra daddy time with her! She will help keep him entertained while driving (till she falls asleep ofcourse) and enjoy her special time with Daddy. Meanwhile - Samantha and I have our own Mommy/Daughter time of our own. I picked her up from school and after leaving her room she looks up at me and says "We go get Sydney Gibbs now?" It was the sweetest thing! Until ofcourse I told her that she'd already left for Amarillo with Daddy....tears came streaming down her face! She wanted anyone but me...Mommy was instantly "chopped liver"! Thanks!
That did quickly pass however once I gave her a snack in the car for the ride home. She chose an apple over a box of raisins....and loved it! We had fun playing with playdough, colors and bath time. I read her a book and she was ready for bed....it was a long day for her at school today. It was her first day in her new class - I think she's enjoying being with more girls! There are now 5 girls in her class instead of only 2 in her last class! I hoping that will help with lots of things for her!
As far as her collar bone goes - she's doing awesome! If you didn't see the brace on her arm (which half the time isn't really on anyway) you'd never know that anything was "wrong" with her! She climbs herself into the suburban and into her car seat herself! amazing! Do keep her in your prayers though please - as she is starting to feel better (quite quickly may I add) I need to be sure that she doesn't get "over confident" and re-injure herself.
Neal and I both appreciate your prayers!
So, tomorrow I think Samantha and I are going to Aunt Jill's for dinner and then will find something fun to do on saturday morning to wait for Sydney and Daddy to return home! Night!

No comments: