Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sam's BIG Boo-Boo

Today was a pretty normal day...both Neal and I went to work and the girls went to school. Since it's wednesday the girls and I typically go to pick up dinner somewhere and then off to church to eat dinner with our friends and then the girls go to their class for the new Veggie Tales class they've started...the girls love it! Tonight when I was getting the girls into the truck after school Samantha cried when I picked her up....not just that whiny cry like I don't want to get into my seat but, a real it hurts cry. After carefully getting her into her seat she stopped crying. Well, she cried again getting her out of the car seat at church....strange right! Well, after about 20 min. of being at church and talking about it with both Lori and Annette (who have both been around Samantha enough to know that she wasn't acting normal) we decided to ask our friend Vance (a dr. who attends our chruch) to see if he'd take a quick look at her. After ruling out broken arm and dislocated shoulder we decided I should take her in for X-rays. Took her to Acute Kids (in Plano at Parker & the Tollway) and have them check her out. They were all awesome! So, for any parents who would ever need after hours care I would highly recommend them! After the dr. checking her out and getting X-rays of her neck/shoulder we saw the problem....a broken collar bone! Yes, it's broken! I'm not sure how exactly it happend YET....but, I can honestly tell you it didn't wasn't broken when she went to school - she didn't cry when I got her dressed or in / out of the car this morning. So, I will be having a conversation with the school director and her teacher tomorrow morning. Now I have to get her into see a pediatric orthopedic Dr. tomorrow for a follow up...hopefully can get an apt quickly. She has to wear a little pink sling for about 4 weeks or so...hopefully it will be all healed by Halloween! Don't want to wear a sling and wear a butterfly fairy costume to trick or treat! :) Probably won't be doing the bounce house at church though at Fall Fest. That should be fun to keep her out of! NOT! We'll cross that bridge when we get there....for now please just keep her in your prayers that this heals normally and quickly. I'm not blaming the school for it happening - these things happen to kids, I'm just wondering why no one saw anything to report....we'll see.

Thanks for your prayers!

No comments: