Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A mommy daughter night


It's nice being able to just be with one kid at a time....it doesn't happen very often but, when it does life seems so much easier. Tonight was one of those nights. Neal had Samantha while Sydney and I went to get our hair cut (mine colored). We actually both just got a little trim to clean things up a bit. I have decided that we are going to grow out our hair to be able to donate atleast 10" to "Locks of Love". I've been thinking about it for quite a while now and really think this is something great that we have a way to help a little girls potentially terrible situation be a little bit better by her getting a wig of real hair. I'm inspired by many to do this but, mainly in memory of my Mom (for those of you who may not know we lost her to breast cancer nearly 8 1/2 years ago now). Also to honor some very very special people in my life who have beat breast cancer and are living healthy: Kelly, Aunt Karen, Derreta and Susie. The medical world has gained so much knowledge today and is helping with early detection to beat cancer. I truely believe that one day they will find a total cure and way to beat this horrible thing! As difficult as it was loosing my Mom and going through that year that she was fighting it has enabled me to help support those I know who've had it and won the fight in a much stronger way. I am so proud of them and their families for all that they endured with such positive attitudes and a winning spirit - they are truely my inspiration! So, I have about 4 more months to grow out my hair...they day we get to cut it off we'll be sure to dedicate the blog to you! :)

Well, that got abit deep for so late at night...Sydney and I did have a great time tonight together and I really cherish all the great times that we have together and the many more "nights at the salon" we have in our future....gotta love it!

No comments: