Tuesday, November 25, 2008

What a great time to be a kid!








Well, it's nearing my FAVORITE time of the year - Christmas! I love everything about Christmas and I think the reason why Christmas is so important to me is because of how important it was to my Mom. This January will be 9 years since she's past away and it still feels like it happend just yesterday. I can just see her when those boxes of Christmas decorations would be brought out again. She loved putting up our tree and putting the angel on top, putting out one of her most prize possesions the nativity scene that she made herself (which I now have and cherish even more) and baking....she always loved to bake and cook but, Christmas were some of her best! And I wonder why I'm smaller now than I was while growing up! hahaha
My parents instilled in me the Real Meaning of Christmas which I pray that Neal and I instill in our girls as well. Family is so important to me and I can't imagine a Christmas without being together. I'm so blessed to have been able to spend every Christmas that I've celebrated with my Dad!
Tonight was the start of our Christmas traditions which was a new one for us.....the girls each have their very own hot pink Christmas tree in their rooms this year. They were so excited to decorate it! It is going to be a very blessed year for everyone!
Yes, one that actually starts with Thanksgiving and giving thanks for all that we have been given...family, health, jobs and much much more.....we are traveling to Amarillo starting tomorrow evening so, had to get some things started tonight!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments: