Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving fun.....






















Wow, are the days going by faster and faster for anyone else other than me??? I had this entire last week off on vacation and feel like I accomplished nothing! I think I am the type of person who gets more done when I have too many things to do than when I have "nothing" to do! I really wanted to have all my Christmas decorating done - I've not even really started. Tonight after work Neal went to gymnastics with Sydney and Samantha and I went shopping for a new pre-lit Christmas tree. She had a good time just having some alone time with Mommy and I had fun too - just wished it would have been 3:00 in the afternoon instead of 7:00 in the evening. So, we finally found one that I liked, bought it and got it home (gotta love a suburban). Trying to put it together in between all the calls for "MOMMY" (I know you mom's know what I'm talking about) I discover that one of the branches isn't attached! It's missing the "bolt" to hold it in place. Ofcourse at this time the store is closed and now I have to wait till tomorrow to even think about getting anything further done. UGH!

Thanksgiving has come and gone and everyone has quickly moved on to Christmas but, I have many things to really be thankful for this year....first of all my family (yes, all of you!), my friends (where would I be without you....thanks Lori for the many nights of therapy!), my health, my job, my home and I could go on and on. God has so richly blessed me and my family that I can't begin to list it all!

We spent Thanksgiving with Neal's family in Amarillo this year - boy was it windy and cold! We had a good time - even though Neal was really sick - sorry Brian & Candy for all the germs he left at your house....hope you don't come down with anything!

There were some pretty big highlights for the girls this year that helped make this a great time...playing with their cousins, jumping on PaPa's trampoline and going on a horse back ride! They really had a great time!

Neal and I got to visit with some of his very close friends too which was nice - Lance, Michael & Charlotte (thanks Brian & Candy for taking the girls and putting them to bed for us)

We hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoy the time of preparation for Christmas....






1 comment:

Joanna said...

I am so with you on being more productive when I'm not on a break. I got nothing done during Thanksgiving around the house, but Monday came around and I got 2loads of laundry done, the house clean, and dinner ready every night. Go figure.