Friday, December 12, 2008

So much to say so little time....

Santa's Village










Six Flags

























Neiman Marcus Parade

























Wow - so much to catch up on! First of all, I am very sorry for the long delay in any blog updates! We got a terrible virus on our computer (which was my fault) due to facebook! Never, never click on a video that looks strange! Please learn from my mistake.
We've had lots going on so, I thought I'd put it in an easy to read Top 6 List...(guess I don't have 10)....
1) Neiman Marcus Christmas Parade in downtown Dallas - this was last Saturday and boy what an event! Aunt Jill joined us and The Willson's Klan met up with us downtown as well. We had our own mini version of a tail-gate and made breakfast burritos (thanks Neal). The weather was beautiful so everyone one had fun.
2) Six Flags Holiday in the Park - we decided at the last minute to take the girls to Six Flags...Neal had some free tickets that we had to use before the end of the year. The weather was amazing (for December - even in TX)! Sydney went on a pretty big roller coaster twice - we were so proud! I'm glad she's not afraid of them because both Neal and I love them! I think the girls and I went on the Tea Cups ride atleast 6 times! There really weren't any lines which helped alot too!
3)Gymnastics - Sydney has gymnastics every Monday evening and loves it! She's getting to be pretty good at the things she really enjoys - like jumping on the trampoline and tumbling. I can see her starting to get stronger each time we go - it's exciting to see her confidence increase when she will finally do something right. It's great!
4) Dinner w/the Beall Girls - Lori and the girls came over for dinner on Tuesday (thanks for picking up dinner...we love Pei Wei). It was so nice to finally have more than 5 min. for Lori and I to catch up. The girls always play so great together so that makes it easy.
5) Santa's Village - tonight Aunt Jill and I took the girls to Santa's Village where there are little houses all with their own theme that the kids go into, make a craft, play music, face painting, petting "zoo" (really just goats), puppet shows, music and thousands of lights! I was surprised that it wasn't very crowded which made it nice that the lines weren't as long as in years past.
6) Saturday.....all I can say is that I just can't wait....I have lots to do to get ready for our trip up to Nebraska for Christmas but, hoping most of it can be done from home...especially since I am a "single parent" this weekend. :) Neal flew to Colorado today to spend the weekend with one of his best Army Buddies! Rob found out a few months ago that he will be leaving in Feb. for his second tour to Iraq. So, it will be fun for them to hang out. Luck Dog...he's going skiing tomorrow at Loveland!!!! I so wish we all went too. Next time for sure!

No comments: