Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A few of my favorite Christmas things....
















I am starting to get things pulled together in the Christmas decorating category now! whew....I was getting abit stressed about it getting done so late. We still haven't touched the outside of the house - hopefully this weekend or it's just not going to get done. So, tonight I wanted to share with you one of my most favorite things that I get to take out each Christmas and I've mentioned it before - my nativity scene that my Mom hand painted. Each year I go to pull it out I just hope and pray that it's all in one piece as I'd put it away the year before.
I love decorating the Christmas trees with the girls - this year we actually have 4 trees in our house which the girls are LOVING! (And so am I) oops - took the picture of "my" tree before I got my angel on top....It's so fun! I am really looking forward to spending time with my family over the holidays and continue some traditions and share them with the girls....some old and some new. We've started decorating a gingerbread house over Christmas and everyone loves that! The girls also make a birthday cake on Christmas day with Grandma....and we sing Happy Birthday Jesus on top of many other things! We are all hoping that there will be snow again at Grandma & Grandpa's house so we can go sledding like last year. What a great time that was!
A quick Happy Birthday to Carp tomorrow! Love ya girl!!! Only 1 more year till the "Big One" make it the best yet!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Thank you! It is something that I cherish even more now that she's passed away!