Sunday, October 26, 2008

This is Dedicated to the GRHS Class of '88







After more than 20 years (yes, you did read that correctly), I finally got to go see Rick Springfield in concert last night! Although when I woke up early to go to the Arboretum with Neal and the Girls I had no idea what the rest of the day would have in store for me! I thought Neal and I were going out for a wonderful steak dinner and then to a friend's house for her Halloween costume party. Little did I know that we would be picking up our friends Mark & Taylor to join us for dinner - nice surprise since we'd not seen then since their wedding earlier this summer. Then while driving downtown Neal asks us all to listen to his new cd that he'd picked up (by the way - thanks Mark for helping him with that one!)...Rick Springfield! I ofcourse loved it...then Neal hands me a piece of paper to read....it took a minute to figure it out but, soon read that we were going to the Rick Springfield concert at the House of Blues that night instead of dinner and a costume party! It was such a great time! I had no idea and loved every song! Half way through the show Rick came down on the floor and yes, my cheerleader girlfriends from GRHS....I touched his arm! I felt like a little school girl to be so excited but, it was a great time! Thank you Neal for such a wonderful time! I love you! I did take a video of him singing "Jessie's Girl" check it out!! enjoy!





Before all the events of the concert we went together to the Dallas Arboretum - which I really think is one of the girls most favorite places to go - they get to run in the grass, play in houses that are replicas of houses long ago, eat a picnic lunch and just have a great time! This time of year there they have all kinds of things for kids - hay bail maze, face painting, crafts and more....check out our "scary" tiger and cat.....what fun! It's getting late - I will uplaod more pictures of the girls tomorrow...night!



No comments: