Wednesday, October 15, 2008

It's amazing what you can learn

It has been a really busy week here at the Gibbs house and yes, it's only Wednesday! On Mondays Sydney goes to gymnastics and loves it! Her favorite thing is the trampoline! And who wouldn't love that! Tuesday wen went over to Aunt Jill's house for dinner - she is leaving on Friday for a 10 day trip to Italy! Her and a friend from Colorado are going and they are going to have such a great time! Sad I'm not joining them...take lots of pictures! Tonight I stayed pretty late at work - lots to catch up on - it was very productive so that helps having to stay late. When I got home Sydney was on the computer and Neal was watching the debate. I asked Sydney if she'd finished all her homework which she was very proud to shout "YES!" She did have one more row to complete and the video is the result.....can you believe that she is barely 4 1/2 yrs. old and she is learning to write words! I was talking to her about once you learn all your letters they get put together to make words and then before long she'll be able to read books! She got very excited about that, ran to her room to get a book to read before bed and off she went....calling for me the whole way to come read her the story! I love it! I try to cherish these moments because as my friend Joanna said just yesterday they won't last forever! Yes, in only 10 short months Sydney will be starting kindergarten! I don't think I'm ready for that one! Enjoy the rest of your week - it's nearly the weekend!

No comments: