Sunday, March 15, 2009

Why?????

Sydney has recently entered the offical phase of asking "why" for everything and asking multiple questions before you can even answer one. After church today we were driving near some road construction and I heard about 15 questions about road construction - everything from why are they building a road, why are the trucks so big, why is there so much mud, why is mud heavy and they went on and one. Neal told me that there is a book about how to answer the many kids questions of Why....I think we are going to need it soon! But, then tonight I got the question of all questions. One that totally blew me away and at the same time was so proud as her mother and parent. After saying our prayers tonight Sydney asked me..."Why did God leave Jesus on the cross?" WOW! It took me by such surprise that it took me a minute to gather my thoughts as to how was I going to answer this question of my soon to be 5 year old daughter. Knowing that my answer will resignate with her for the rest of her life! (No pressure here) I talked to her about how Jesus died on the cross for our sins so that we don't have to and when we ask Jesus to live in our hearts forever we will one day go to heaven and live with God. I talked to her about how having Jesus in her heart will make her so happy and a very loving and kind little girl. I asked her if she understood my answer and all she did was smile and say yes. I pray that God give me the wisdom to be able to answer all of my girls "why mommy" questions....no matter how big or small. What a wonderful day today has been I thank God that he has given me the opportunity to be a parent to Sydney & Samantha!

No comments: